What you'll learn
Reiki is a spiritual practice and alternative healing method that is typically divided into three or four levels, depending on the tradition and school of thought. As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Reiki is usually taught in the following levels:
Expand all sections
- Introduction to Reiki: Understanding the history, principles, and philosophy of Reiki.
- Reiki Attunement: A process performed by a Reiki Master to open your energy channels and connect you to the Reiki energy.
- Hand Positions: Learning the basic hand positions for self-healing and treating others.
- Practice: Hands-on practice of Reiki healing techniques on oneself and others.
- Ethics: Understanding ethical considerations and responsibilities when using Reiki.
- Reiki Symbols: Introduction to sacred Reiki symbols and their meanings.
- Distance Healing: Learning how to send Reiki energy to someone who is not physically present.
- Emotional Healing: Using Reiki to address emotional and mental issues.
- Practicum: More hands-on practice with the new symbols and techniques.
- This level is often further divided into two or more sub-levels:
- Reiki IIIa: Advanced Healing Techniques, Mastery of Symbols, and Deepening Your Practice.
- Reiki IIIb: Master Teacher Level, where you learn how to attune others to Reiki.
- In some traditions, there is a fourth level where you learn additional symbols and deepen your understanding of Reiki.